Green Candle Dance Company
GREEN CANDLE DANCE COMPANY believes everyone has the right to practice, learn, watch and appreciate dance, regardless of age or ability.
With over 25 years’ experience delivering dance to the community, Green Candle is one of the UK’s leading dance companies known for the high quality and originality of its work involving both young and older people with and without disabilities.
Our main objective is to provide dance experiences to those with least access to it, within educational, health and community settings.
The services we deliver include;
Green Candle Senior Dancers
- Performance group for over 60s, meeting weekly at Oxford House
Remember to Dance
- Weekly dance and exercise sessions for people recently diagnosed with dementia and their carers
- Weekly dance and exercise sessions for people with long-term conditions, such as type 2 diabetes, COPD, cardiac problems and people who have suffered strokes, and for people people at risk of falling
Dance for Health
- Dance sessions in residential care homes for people living with dementia
- Green Candle's Youth Dance Company, fusing Indian, Street, Contemporary and Bhangra dance styles during weekly sessions with performance opportunities for girls who represent the young and vibrant Asian community living and studying in Tower Hamlets
Older Men Moving
- Weekly dance and exercise sessions for two groups of older Somali and Bengali men