Helping vulnerable people live the lives they choose
Outward is a not-for-profit organisation that provides care and support to vulnerable people in London to help them live the lives they choose and realise their full potential. We offer a range of services for:
- people with learning disabilities, including a specialised service that supports people on the autism spectrum
- older people
- people with mental health issues
- young people at risk.
We work in ten London boroughs: Bromley, Camden, Enfield, Hackney, Haringey, Islington, Newham, Redbridge, Tower Hamlets and Waltham Forest.
Our services in Tower Hamlets
We are very active in Tower Hamlets, supporting people with learning disabilities or on the autism spectrum to become more independent and develop life skills. If you have a learning disability or are on the autism spectrum and would like support, please get in touch.
Our services include:
- Specialist Outreach Support for Adults with Learning Disabilities- help with managing money and paying bills, filling out forms, going to appointments etc. We will help you to develop new skills and become more independent.
- Specialist Outreach Support for Adults on the Autistic Spectrum- person-centred support to people on the autistic spectrum, to enable them to do things they want to do and reduce levels of challenging behaviour.
- Supported accommodation for Adults with Learning Disabilitites (Albert Cottages and Fenton Street)- Albert Cottages provides staff with on site overnight and flexible support provision throughout the day and according to need. Fenton Street is a lower support service with no on-site staffing overnight but tenants have access to on-call support.
- Supported accommodation for Adults with Learning Disabilities (Selwyn and Buxton)- staff are on site 24 hours with sleep-in cover arrangements and support provided flexibly according to individual needs.
- Outward's Club Sessions- a social space for younger people with a learning disability.
Engaging, Enabling and Empowering
We are committed to the values of Engaging, Enabling and Empowering, which means:
Engaging - We listen to what you say, we involve you in what we do, and we are honest and open
Enabling - We assist and we support you to achieve your goals and aspirations
Empowering - We inspire and we encourage, empowering you to take control and to take advantage of good opportunities.