London Borough of Tower Hamlets
Description of the role and function of the team
Maximising independence assessment and development of individual support programmes normally lasting up to 6 weeks
- A proportional assessment will be undertaken to develop an independence plan with the person that is appropriate to the identified needs
- This function will look at a range of presenting needs from simple to complex
- People are assessed and supported in their own home environment
- Delivery of the independence plan
- Equipment prescription/provision and minor adaptations
- Education, re-training, and support to practice everyday tasks eg…. outdoor mobility
- Linking with services outside the Directorate to maximise independence
- Service has capacity to work with 200-250 users at any given time
Review of Independence plan
- Determination of when independence has been maximised
- Refresh independence plan
- Undertaking a mental capacity assessment where appropriate
- Specialist assessments related to specific needs can also be undertaken e.g. moving and handling assessments, tissue viability, wound management
- Offer of Carer Assessments and support where appropriate.
It is intended that people using the Reablement Service will experience:
- Services that will robustly promote independence and access to a range of preventative and personalised interventions that will help people improve their confidence and ability to participate in activities and roles that they value
- Good quality information about what is available from the Council and what is universally available
- Acquisition of skills to access services independently or with an appropriate level of support required
- A minimum of handoffs
- A Safeguarding concern will be prioritised and responded to urgently.
- The initial Safeguarding response should be undertaken by a worker in order to ensure the immediate safety and support of a vulnerable person who may be the subject of abuse.
- A qualified social worker will undertake the investigation in accordance with LBTH and Pan-London Safeguarding procedures.
- Where appropriate, an additional assessment may be carried out alongside a Safeguarding response.
- Contact Telephone: 020 7364 6281
- Contact Hours: 09.00 - 17.00