Age UK East London
We put older people and their carers at the heart of everything we do to meet our mission.
Age UK East London aims to be an organisation that enables older people to:
- Retain maximum possible choice over the direction of their lives;
- Maintain and improve health;
- Prevent social isolation;
- Live in physical environments suited to their changing needs;
- Have as many opportunities as possible for involvement in fulfilling community and leisure activities.
All our work and behaviour is governed by our underpinning values:
- Making it excellent;
- Making it personal;
- Making it responsive to local needs,
- Making our shared expertise count
- Making it Best Value
What we do
We offer a range of services to people in later life covering the continuum across changing needs as people age.
Our services are managed thematically under the following headings;
- Health and Fitness
- User engagement
- Day Opportunities
- Community Outreach
- Information and Advice
- Advocacy and Befriending
- Home & Care Services
Where we do it
We offer services primarily across the London Boroughs of Hackney, Newham and Tower Hamlets; however, we may, in partnership with others, offer services across a wider geographical area. We are providing home and care services within Waltham Forest and handyperson services across Havering.
Services are offered either in buildings we own or rent, other community venues or in peoples' homes.
All staff could be expected to travel across the area to make sure that older people receive a personalised service where they want to receive it.