Eight things you should know about Real:
- We’re run by disabled people, for disabled people, and have been around in one form or another for over twenty years.
- We think disabled people should have the same choices and opportunities in their lives as non-disabled people, so we challenge inequality and discrimination.
- We support anyone in Tower Hamlets who is or has been disabled or who has a long-term health condition.
- Everything we do is based on the social model of disability.
- We support people with any type of impairment or disability, and of all ages, genders, gender identities, ethnicities, religions, beliefs, and sexual orientations.
- We also work with friends, families, carers, professionals and allies who support our goals.
- We’re formed through a merger of Disability Coalition – Tower Hamlets and Disability Information Training Opportunity, bringing together lots of different skills and experience.
- We get most of our funding from Tower Hamlets Council and the local NHS, but we also get help from other organisations, businesses and donors.