deafPLUS PA Community Support Service
deafPLUS’ PA Community Support Service is a specialist support service for D/deaf, deafened, hard of hearing, deafblind and visually impaired people. The service is part of the YOUchoose consortium led by Action Deafness, a care quality commission provider.
What we do
deafPLUS provides personalised, one to one support through the provision of Personal Assistants (PAs). These Personal Assistants work alongside the client, to empower and enable them to manage their independence within their own homes and out in the community.
deafPLUS’ PA service may be commissioned via:
- Adult Social Care direct payments or individual budgets
- Private funding as a ‘self-funder’
deafPLUS’ PA support managers are highly qualified and experienced, assessing the needs of the individual, and, in discussion with Adult Social Care and the client, agree a support plan based on the client’s goals.
- Are either Deaf or hard of hearing themselves or are hearing and deaf aware, and are able to communicate using British Sign Language (BSL), hands on signing and deafblind manual. This enables them to support clients through the communication method of their choice
- All have enhanced DBS clearance to ensure the safety of all clients
- Receive ongoing regular supervision from experienced managers
- Receive regular training to continually enhance their skills
PAs provide support based on individual needs, both in the home and in the community. Examples of the support are:
- In the home e.g. helping with cooking and cleaning
- Supporting someone to travel to the supermarket to do their weekly shop or to access community activities
- Reading someone’s letters to them and supporting them with correspondence
- Helping clients to set up medical appointments and accompanying them to hospital
- Supporting clients to access the gym and swimming as well as other fitness related activities to improve their physical health
|Price:||From: £21.60 To: £30.00 per hour|
|Total price:||From: £21.60 To: £30.00 per hour|