Fit For All
MY LIFE (Health and Social Care)
Fit for All focuses on the needs of 50+ year olds in Tower Hamlets. The Bromley by Bow Centre will recruit 5 cohorts of up to 15 participants each as agent volunteers, who attend an accredited training programme enabling them to further engage other inactive and socially isolated older residents aged 50+. Our Fit for All agent volunteers encourage a peer led model based on volunteering which is embedded in the local community.
Fit for All consists of 3 key elements:
1) Keep Moving: Our agent volunteers will participate on a 15 week programme to achieve a Central YMCA Level 2 Award in Community Activation, First Aid, Walk Leaders Award and Health Champions training.
2) Keep Healthy: Agent volunteers will receive support from the Centre's qualified staff to understand and utilise processes that will allow them to pass on information on living a healthy lifestyle and becoming more socially active.
3) Keep Inspiring: Once qualified the agent volunteers will receive ongoing support after completing the course to engage and inspire other older people to participate in physical activity, whereby they will set up their own activities e.g. walking and outdoor gyms.
Dates of cohorts are as follows:
- Thursday September 1st to Thursday December 8th 2016
- Thursday January 12th to April 20th 2017
- Thursday May 4th to August 10th 2017
- Thursday March 1st to June 7th 2018
Delivery will take place at the Bromley by Bow Centre using our accessible training facilities including an indoor gym, sports hall and 3 acre park and partner venues, including GP surgeries and Health Centres.
Referrals on to the course will be made through a network of community based partners including pharmacies and GP surgeries throughout Tower Hamlets.
For further information on the Fit for All course contact Colin King on 0208 709 9713 or 07460 862 886 and email@example.com
|Price:||Free of charge|
|Total price:||Free of charge|
|Contracted to Tower Hamlets|