Age UK East London Foundations Quality Marked Handyperson Service is funded through the London Borough of Tower Hamlets to provide; home security, accident prevention and general handyperson services.
As a resident of Tower Hamlets, classified as an older person, disabled and in receipt of benefits, you are entitled to 2 "free" visits to your home per year.
To be eligible for this service, individuals need to be residents in the London Borough of Tower Hamlets, on one of the main benefits and:
- discharged from hospital (where the work required is essential to enable a return home and prevent bed blocking)
- living with a physical/sensory and /or learning disability
- prone to falls or who are at high risk of falls
- living with long term illness
- 50 years of age and over
- a carer referred by one of the agencies in Tower Hamlets supporting carers such as the Carers' Centre to access these services for their cared for persons.
People who are not eligible may still receive the service, but will be charged.
For further information on the service please call our Booking Officer on 0208 503 4800.
|Price:||Free of charge|
|Total price:||Free of charge|
|Contracted to Tower Hamlets|