Chinese Association of Tower Hamlets Elderly Luncheon Club
CATH's Luncheon Club is aimed primarily, but not exclusively, at Chinese and Vietnamese Elders who wish to improve their physical and mental wellbeing. Through our programme of fun and informative activities, and exercise classes, we wish to give attendees the awareness and knowledge to work on raising their own health.
The Club is run by a team combined of staff, volunteers and also sessional workers who attend to deliver specific workshops or activities. Through our programme of fun and informative activities, talks and exercise classes, we wish to give attendees the awareness, knowledge and means to work on raising their own health and thus preventing more acute problems from arising later on in life.
Services to be offered include:
1. Meals and Refreshments: A full Chinese meal including Chinese soup, meat or fish, vegetable and fruits will be served on Fridays and Saturdays at 12.15 pm.
2.Physical activities: A range of physical activities are offered to individuals which reflect their interests and include:
- Tai Chi, Kele Ball exercise, Yuan Ji Dance – every Friday
- Table Tennis - every day of the week except Tuesday,Thursday and Sunday
3. Advice and Information (by appointment only)
4. Elderly Support (every day of the week except Tuesday, Thursday and Sunday): We will offer a range of support services that may include:
- assisting with translation and interpretation for Chinese and Vietnamese speaking elderly people;
- undertaking home visits to frail, isolated older people.
5. Health talks or workshops: Activities will be undertaken that are intended to promote the health of service users including health promotion/awareness talks or workshops, eyes test, dental check, healthy eating etc.
6. Other activities include:
- Outings and visits to places of interests
- Mid Autumn and Dragon Boat festivals, Chinese New Year celebration events
|Price:||£3.50 per session|
|Total price:||£3.50 per session|
|Contracted to Tower Hamlets|