Providing Assistive Technologies
A selection of sensors available:
- Flood Detector: Provides an early warning to the possibility of flood or leak in the home. Service users can place it by the bath, shower or sink for peace of mind.
- Smoke Detector: Provides protection by raising an alarm if smoke is detected in the home.
- Carbon Monoxide Detector: Poorly maintained or faulty gas boilers and other equipment can sometimes give off high levels of carbon monoxide. Our simple sensor could prevent this odourless and colourless gas reaching a dangerous level.
- Bogus Caller Button: If service users are unsure about a caller to their home, they can press the button to receive advice and reassurance from experienced operators at our centre.
- Fall Sensor: This device sends out an alert if service users have a fall or a blackout.
- Wandering Monitor: This can monitor a person leaving a property at an inappropriate time, like the early hours of the morning. It will also activate an alert if a door has been left open by mistake.
Applications can be made directly by contacting the adult social care Assessment and Intervention team on 020 7364 5005.
They will take all details and, as long as the service user in question meets the criteria, will pass on details to the telecare team who will make an appointment for the installation of equipment.
If service users are registered with a Tower Hamlets social work team, their social worker can make a referral for telecare directly on their behalf.
|Price:||Free of charge|
|Total price:||Free of charge|
|Contracted to Tower Hamlets|